Thursday, April 10, 2008

my mind is racing

Last night I had a difficult time falling asleep. I keep finding myself worrying about... well, everything. For the summer, I have to decide which jobs I want to accept, where I want to live, what I want to accomplish, and how much money I have to make. Then I start worrying about next semester - what classes I should take, what offices I should fill, where I should do my internship, where I can come up with the money for skating. That doesn't even include the projects I have to finish, the newspaper deadline I'm trying to meet, etc, etc. These thoughts have consumed my thoughts enough that it is hard to concentrate on much else.

So today I took out my bible, and read something that I hope will soothe my worries, and calm my fears:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

In the midst of this crazy life of mine, I often forget to rely on God to provide my needs and take care of my concerns. I realize that I spend too little time asking Him for guidance and I try to solve everything on my own.

It is my hope that I can learn to rely on God "present [my] requests to God."

No comments: