Thursday, May 28, 2009

At the Beach


Last week was a holiday for those in Belgium, so we made plans to go to the apartment at the beach just over an hour from here. Due to an issue with work, Jan was sent to Rome, so our trip was delayed a couple of days, but we did make it to the beach!

The apartment was very cute, decorated with lots of pictures of the town as it had looked back in the early 1900s and other "beachy" decorations. I had the privilege of sharing a room with the boys, but thankfully had my own bed. The above picture is a view from the window at the end of my bed. The following picture is the boys in their room.


The first evening was a bit chilly, but the boys and I went down to the water to look around.


Afterward we went walking on the boardwalk and got some yummy Australian ice cream.

The following day was a bit warmer for the first two hours we were down at the beach, but then it got cold again and eventually rained us back into the apartment. Sunday, our last day at the beach, was pretty chilly again, but the boys insisted on playing in the water and in the sand. Because it was cold, it didn't even occur to me to put on sunscreen, and I payed for it with a pretty bad, and awkwardly shaped, sunburn on my legs that is now finally starting to fade.

The weekend was short but nice, and we are all excited to go back when it gets warmer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you tan? I love you much and miss you much. Hope everything is going well and that you are having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

the above comment was me (Garrett) just in case your wondering :o)